The foremost source of reference to internationally published potato research.
To request an institutional FREE TRIAL please contact email@example.com
Potato Abstracts brings you the latest information on the potato; from production of true seeds and seed tubers to storage, marketing and consumption.
Potato Abstracts is a fully searchable abstract database of internationally published research. Potato Abstracts brings you the latest information on the potato; from production of true seeds and seed tubers to storage, marketing and consumption.
Derived from CAB Abstracts, the orginial applied life sciences database, coverage includes crop husbandry, crop protection, potato breeding, physiology, harvesting, food technology and nutritional aspects, and economics.
Each week Potato Abstracts delivers all the new highly-targeted, searchable summaries covering key English and non-English language journal articles, reports, conferences and books about potatoes. Over 2,000 records are added to the database each year.
Potato Abstracts includes a fully searchable backfile to 1980. Over 58,000 research summaries bring a wealth of current and seminal research on potatoes to your fingertips!
Potato Abstracts is also available in print, delivered quarterly.
CAB Direct (CABI’s own platform)
All aspects of potato agronomy and crop husbandry, including:
- – fertilizer application, soil amendments, nutrient uptake, irrigation, organic production
– integrated crop management, cropping systems, field preparation, including soil cultivation and tillage, seed and seed-tuber treatment, sowing and planting, crop establishment, spacing and plant density, chemical and physical growth regulation, yield forecasting
- – true seed and seed tuber production
Breeding, taxonomy and genetic resources
All aspects of potato breeding and crop improvement, including:
- – breeders rights’, variety trials, descriptions of new cultivars, true seed production, hybridization, mutations, polyploidy
- – plant genetic resources, studies on wild relatives, in situ and ex situ conservation, gene banks, germplasm exchange.
– taxonomy and nomenclature, evolution, domestication
All aspects of agricultural economics and production economics related to the potato crop, including:
- – agricultural and environmental economics research and theory
- – agricultural and natural resource policy (land, water)
- – agricultural and regional development, agricultural structure, employment and income
- – farm management and production economics
- – farming systems, cooperatives, extension, education and research
– food policy
– input industries, supply, demand and prices
- – marketing, trade, finance and credit
Genetics and biotechnology
All aspects of potato genetics, molecular biology and biotechnology, including:
- – biosafety, intellectual property rights, tissue and organ culture, production of secondary metabolites and vaccines
- – molecular genetics, genetic engineering, gene mapping, nucleotide sequences
- – quantitative genetics, cytology, inheritance, gene expression
Harvesting, storage and agricultural engineering
All aspects of potato harvesting and storage, and mechanized production, including:
- – fertilizer and pesticide application
- – haulm treatment and harvesting
- – handling, transport and grading
- – ploughing and seedbed preparation
- – tuber planters
Physiology and biochemistry
- All aspects of potato botany, including:
- – ion transport, nutrition, water relations
- – photosynthesis, respiration, transpiration, translocation, enzymes, growth regulators and metabolic inhibitors
- – plant morphology, anatomy, composition, metabolism
– resistance to abiotic stresses such as drought, heat, cold and salinity
- – response to environmental factors, yield stability
- – seed and tuber anatomy, morphology, development, composition, quality and testing
- – sprouting, dormancy, growth, flowering, fruit development and ripening, senescence, postharvest physiology
Nutrition and food technology
All aspects of potatoes related to animal feed and human food, including:
- – all aspects of potato tuber or plant byproducts, including potato flour and starch in agricultural or industrial contexts
- – food analysis, food composition, contamination
– physiology and biochemistry of nutrients and antinutrients
- – potatoes and potato products in human nutrition, nutritive value and digestibility, food allergies, diet studies, diet related disorders and therapeutic nutrition
- – use of potatoes as feeds, their nutritive value, production responses to dietary manipulation and management, effect on digestion
- – utilization of byproducts
Pests, diseases and weeds
All aspects of potato pests and pathogens, including:
- – bacteria, fungi and viruses
- – insects, nematodes and vertebrate pests
- – integrated pest management, biological control techniques, and utilization of cultivar pest and disease resistance
- – plant disorders
– their incidence, biology, management and control
- – weeds
Rural development and land use
All aspects of rural development in Developing World countries as related to potato production, including:
- – food aid, agricultural development, employment and labour, human resources, poverty, innovation adoption, agrarian reform and land tenure
- – the environment and the utilisation of natural resources
Training materials for CABI products, on a variety of platforms, are available to download from our dedicated training pages, here.
If you require personal training on any of our products, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
A variety of promotional materials are available to download from our For Librarians area.
If you require specific promotional materials for this CABI product, please contact our publishing promotions team.