The leading database on tropical, subtropical and temperate horticultural science research.
Horticultural Science provides access to worldwide research on horticultural crops, science and techniques through abstracts and full text documents.
The resource covers all aspects of horticultural research, including genetic resources, taxonomy, molecular biology, genetics, biotechnology, breeding, cultivars, propagation, climate, environment, soils, crop management, protected cultivation, pests, diseases, weeds, plant physiology, crop quality, postharvest treatment, storage, marketing and supply chains, and horticultural techniques and technology.
Over 1.7 million bibliographic records (derived from CAB Abstracts) with detailed keyword (metadata) tagging; coverage since 1930
Weekly updates; with over 50,000 records added per year
Over 120,000 full text documents (journal articles, conference papers, reports), with over 9,000 currently added per year
English summaries from literature from over 100 countries
More than 140 CAB Reviews; timely analysis written by subject experts
News and research updates – written and selected by subject specialists
*Figures correct September 2021
Horticultural Science is an essential resource for scientists, researchers, students and all those who need to keep up-to-date with current research and trends in horticultural science.
Users can quickly and easily find relevant research that matters to them. Search filters and refine options allow them to quickly drill down to the content they need.
- Smart Searches on key topics prepared for you by our information experts
- Search by crop group (eg temperate fruits, vegetables, ornamentals)
- Navigating from abstract to CABI Full Text in just one click
- News and reviews help users keep up-to-date with trends and research
- Via the My Horticulture function, users can save searches, export and share records for collaborative projects
- Because the database in OpenURL compliant, librarians can customize the links of most value to their users
- Indexing using CAB Thesaurus and Advanced search enables users to do systematic and specific searches
Crops covered include temperate, subtropical and tropical:
- ornamentals (including lawns and turf)
- medicinal plants
- essential oil plants
- culinary herbs
- hard fibre plants
- perennial oil crops
- beverage crops including tea, coffee and cocoa, and other plantation and industrial crops (such as plant sources of latex, sweeteners and pesticidal compounds)
- wild relatives
- wild plants
- new crops and under-utilized crops
NB: Horticultural Science includes all the records from the CABI online subsets Horticultural Science Abstracts (1973+) and Ornamental Horticulture (1976+), plus the entire archive of horticultural records from CAB Abstracts (dating back to 1930).
CAB Direct – (CABI’s own platform)
Journal selection criteria for CAB Abstracts and Global Health
Instructions for submitting a journal and an online form are available.
Hot Topic Flyers:
If you require further assistance or specific promotional materials please contact the publishing marketing team.