19 April 2016 – The Plantwise Annual Report for 2015 has been released. The report is an update on programme implementation between January and December 2015. It lists key highlights, along with details on progress, lessons learned and next steps for each of the three programme components: Plant Health Systems Development, the Knowledge Bank and Monitoring & Evaluation.
- 4.5 million farmers reached through plant clinics, plant health rallies, and mass extension campaigns;
- Plantwise training courses delivered to 6,600 personnel, with local trainers responsible for over half of training for new plant doctors;
- 1,859 plant clinics established, of which 86 are equipped with digital devices;
- Over 155,000 plant clinic queries reported from 30 countries;
- Positive outcomes reported from external evaluations, farmer satisfaction surveys, and impact assessments;
- Data Sharing Agreements signed with national authorities in 21 countries;
- National governance bodies established in 19 countries;
- Various ICT-tools developed, piloted, and rolled-out;
- Plantwise Partnership Agreements signed with partners in 26 countries; and
- Plantwise Partnership Statements signed with partners in an additional 6 countries
Read the full report here.
For all our latest news, click here.